This post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure policy for details.
Healthy Lifestyle Tips that will get you back to feeling great!
It takes an average of three weeks to create a new habit. I know when the new year rolls around I am ready to start clean and really focus on making real changes. It’s so easy in today’s world to get caught up in comparing our journey to someone else’s and trying to find the next solution that will help us to reach our goals. I know that when I have focused on simplicity and accountability, I have created a routine that works.
The healthy lifestyle & healthy eating advice that has helped me to maintain my 50 pound weight loss for the past 3 years!
I started following a routine very similar to this when I started my own health & fitness journey almost three years ago. You can feel free to tweak them according to what will work best for you. But I have found that prioritizing these 9 principles have led to other positive changes across my life!
Living a healthy lifestyle – how to start!
1. Get up 15 minutes earlier
2. 10 minutes of personal development – podcasts, positive reading material, sermons.
3. 30 minute workout – mix it up with cardio, strength training, yoga. If you’re looking for a new workout routine or accountability, I can help! Working out was the first thing I started with when I wanted to start a healthy routine. Learn more about how I lost the weight!
4. 3 servings veggies – Here are a few of my favorite healthy recipes!
5. 4 servings protein – lean meats or plant protein will work!
6. 8 glasses water – having a glass of water by your bedside will help you to knock out a quick 8 ounces! You’ll be surprised at how easy it is first thing in the morning.
7. No eating after 8p
8. No screens 30 minutes pre-bed
9. Seven hours sleep – play around with this number. You may need more or less depending on your sleep cycles. I use my iPhone clock’s bedtime feature to gently remind me when its time for bed.
Need a healthy eating plan that works with your budget? Aldi helps me to stay on budget and also eat healthy!
The Gracious Pantry’s clean eating shopping list is a great resource for clean eating for beginners.
Download your own healthy lifestyle tip planner!
Which healthy lifestyle tip should I start with?
Taking on all of these steps could be intimidating! I have found success in implementing one step at a time. Once I master it, I move on! This might sound crazy, but think about the 15 minute earlier wakeup time. With an extra 15 minutes, you’ll be shocked at what you can get accomplished in the morning!
Is leading a more healthy lifestyle on your plans for this year? What is your goal for your healthy lifestyle?