Blog post

Easy Salmon Recipe {Weeknight Dinner Recipes}

April 26, 2016

This post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure policy for details.

Sharing is caring!

Easy Salmon Recipe

Ever had a meal that even though you are incredibly stuffed you’re pretty sure that you could eat it all over again?  That is if someone would come into your kitchen and clean up the mess you made making it and would cook it for you so you don’t have to do all of the work?  Well this recipe is definitely that one and actually not too much prep work, therefore making it TOTALLY doable for a weeknight.

What I love about this dinner, in addition to its ease, is that its totally Paleo/Whole30 compliant.  I don’t miss the grain on this one that is for sure.

So to the recipes!

The Easiest Salmon Recipe Ever

**This recipe is adapted from a Pinterest/Pioneer Woman recipe I found years ago

2 wild caught Alaskan salmon filets (I use Costco frozen and let them defrost overnight)
lemon slices
olive oil
salt & pepper

Directions:

Place salmon on a cooking sheet (I spray mine with cooking spray).  Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper.  Squeeze with lemon juice and place two lemon slices on each filet.  Place into a COLD oven and turn on to 400 degrees F.  Set timer for 20 minutes.  Salmon is completely perfect!

Pan seared Brussel Sprouts with Turkey Bacon

^^^^ Click that link to get to my Facebook page where I shared this recipe!

Sautéed Broccolini

Yes, even the Barefoot Contessa creates some healthy recipes every now and then ha!  Oh wait, I did actually not include tons of butter 🙂

Bunch of broccolini
garlic to taste (I used about 4 cloves I think)
drizzling of olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Par boil broccolini for about two minutes then remove from water and chill in an ice bath.  While broccolini is cooking, heat oil and garlic in a skillet.  Add cooled broccolini and season with salt and pepper.  Let sauté for a few minutes then enjoy!

10 Comments

• Shannan

May 24, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Okay, I definitely have to try this! My husband would be VERY happy!

• Angela

May 24, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I absolutely love the ease of cooking salmon. It is one of the healthiest fast foods probably on earth. Love this!

• Katina

May 24, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Salmon is a staple in my house for my husband and I as we are always trying to eat healthier. I used to make a brown sugar glaze but I use herbs and spices, less sweetness. It’s still delicious!

• Annie

May 24, 2016 at 3:45 pm

I love salmon and would eat it every night if I could, so this made my mouth water! Looks like a great recipe, I’m pinning it for later 🙂

• tineke – workingmommyabroad

May 24, 2016 at 5:28 pm

It´s almost like you describe my lunch from today :)! Had the salmon but with asparagus and eggplant. Was yummy!

• Lauren

May 24, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Always on the lookout for tasty salmon recipes! Def saving this one! Yummy!

• Revisions of Grandeur

May 24, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Oh, yum. And I happen to have salmon thawing in my fridge! Also going to try your apple bacon Brussels sprouts!

• Starr @ Starrhealthyself

May 25, 2016 at 1:49 am

This recipe is so simple yet delicious sounding! I love salmon and broccolini!

• Sharon

May 25, 2016 at 3:02 am

I love easy recipes! The sides in this healthy meal look and sound just as amazing as the salmon. I haven’t cooked salmon in a while. This reminded me that I should do it soon and your recipe is a great one to follow. Thanks for sharing!

• Jasmine Hewitt

May 25, 2016 at 3:17 am

Easier the better for me, so this looks enticing!